- UMD started the semester as scheduled on August 31, but primarily through online and remote instruction until Monday, September 14.
- Move-in for students living on campus will begin on Wednesday, September 9. View the UMD Maroon and Gold Sunrise plan for full details of protocols and expectations for residential students. Further details will come from Housing and Residence Life.
- The Stop the Spread of COVID-19 and the #maskupUMD initiatives are our shared commitment to protect one another with proper hand-washing, physical distancing, and wearing masks.
- Learn more about COVID-19 testing protocols on campus.
- Visit our COVID FAQ for commonly asked questions.
- All University of Minnesota faculty, staff, students, and visitors are required to use a face covering to cover both the nose and mouth at all times when in any enclosed or indoor space on University campuses and properties with some exceptions. Find more information on the face covering protocol and FAQ.
- For the health and safety of our campus community, campus visitors are encouraged to limit their interactions as much as possible and go directly to the location on campus they need to access. For the Office of Admissions, please park in gold lot A and follow Office of Admissions directional signage. For the UMD Bookstore, please enter directly into Kirby Student Center off of Kirby Drive via the bus hub. Learn more about parking and door access from campus maps.
- For more information about COVID and UMD, check archived communications from Chancellor Black.