Even with COVID-19 precautions, there are many ways to meet people, make friends, and form connections with the UMD Bulldog community. You can access the full list of student organizations to explore more than 250 club and group options. There are additional ways to connect through recreational sports, outdoor programs, and other campus activities.
- Tabling in Kirby Commons has been suspended for the Fall 2020 semester in the interest of health and safety of students, staff, and faculty. The Kirby Commons is being temporarily added to the list of approved posting spaces. Student groups and campus departments are encouraged to reserve one of Kirby Student Center's banner spaces as an additional option for promoting events. Student groups may also reserve the Kirby Garage for promotion of their events. Reservation requests for banner spaces (student groups and campus departments) and the Kirby Garage (student groups only) can be submitted online.
- Both the Kirby Student Lounge and Multicultural Center are open 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. on the weekend. All meetings and events in Kirby Student Center must adhere to University and state guidelines, including physical distancing and significantly reduced room capacities. We encourage student groups and campus departments to consult with us. Reservation requests for the fall 2020 semester can be made online.
- The U Card office remains open Monday-Friday 8-4 and available via phone 218-726-8814. New students may pick up their card in the U Card office.
- Many spaces on campus are open to students in a modified way. To find out about the status of a specific unit at the University, please contact them directly.
- Libraries and recreation are open to students, faculty, staff and visitors in a modified way. To find out about the status of a specific unit at the University, please contact them directly. Find safe study spaces around campus.
Student Organizations Events CalendarReserve Space In Kirby