Governor Tim Walz has ended Minnesota’s statewide face covering requirement starting on May 14th, 2021.
- If you are fully vaccinated (defined as two weeks following the second Pfizer or Moderna dose or two weeks after the single Johnson and Johnson dose), you do not have to wear a mask in any University building, venue, or outdoors (except as posted, such as in health clinics).
- If you are not fully vaccinated, the Governor’s Order acknowledges the associated risk of getting and spreading COVID-19, and the University expects you to wear a mask indoors.
- If you are working in leased facilities, local mask ordinances may apply.
- If you can continue to work from home, we encourage you to do so until our planned return to campuses on August 2.
- Building capacity limits and physical distancing requirements will remain in place until May 28 based on the Governor’s announcement from last week.
- Please continue to take important public health precautions.
- If you are not yet vaccinated, there are vaccination sites all over Minnesota and many are allowing walk-ins without appointments. Doses of the COVID-19 vaccine are readily available.