COVID Processes and Procedures
- Faculty & Staff Resource: Guidance for student exposure, symptoms, and positive cases
- Faculty & Staff Resource: Strategies for Encouraging Compliance with Face Coverings Requirement
- Faculty & Staff Resource: COVID-19 Guidance for Researchers
- Supervisor Resource: Steps to Take with a Possible COVID-19 Diagnosis
- Supervisor Resource: How to Report a Potential or Confirmed Case of COVID-19 in the Workplace
- Supervisor Resource: What to do if an Employee is Sick or Has Been Exposed to COVID-19
- Supervisor Resource: What to do if an Employee is Uncomfortable Returning to Work or Refuses to Return To Work
- Communication Guidelines: Managing COVID-19 Cases and Exposure in the Workplace
Academic Technology Support Options
Academic technologists are available for consultations via Zoom. To get started, contact the ITSS Help Desk at [email protected] or (218) 726-8847 to open a service ticket.
For urgent requests after 4:30, please contact UMN Technology Help at [email protected] or (612) 301-4357.
For questions about Canvas, email [email protected] or use the help options within Canvas to contact UMN Canvas support.
- Keep Teaching UMN
- Keep Teaching FAQs
- Are you ready to teach from home?
- Teach, meet, learn with Zoom
- Using Zoom to hold online office hours
- Library course pages
- Remove lab activities and experiences
- Accessibility resource
- Virtual meeting tools, tips, and alternatives to address coronavirus travel restrictions
- The anatomy of a great meeting
- Running world class virtual meetings
Frequently Asked Questions
Will parking regulations be enforced during Fall semester?
Yes, all campus parking regulations will be enforced during Fall semester as usual. This includes all permit lots, meter spaces, and the daily pay lot. It also includes all other University parking regulated zones.
Will I be charged for my parking permit if face-to-face classes are shortened or canceled?
Yes, at this time, a purchased parking permit will be charged in full unless the permit is physically returned for a pro-rated refund. There is no cost or penalty for returning the permit this year and a full pro-rated refund will be given. The permit must be returned to receive the pro-rated refund.. When a permit is returned, the next student on the waiting list is offered the option to purchase it. The prices of permits are prorated throughout the year.
Can I return my parking permit for a refund?
Yes, purchased parking permits may be physically returned to the Transportation & Parking Services office for a pro-rated refund. There is no cost or penalty for returning the permit this year and a full pro-rated refund will be given. The permit must be returned to receive the pro-rated refund. The permit is non-transferrable and may not be given or sold to another individual. Details are available on the Transportation & Parking Services website.
Will the DTA UPass program be in place for students?
Yes, the DTA UPass program will be in operation and available for students to use. The UPass program allows fee-paying students to use their UCard to board any DTA bus without paying an additional fare. The final route schedules are still being developed and details can be found on the DTA website.